Onkyo adds two THX® Certified Select™ and IMAX® Enhanced certified network AV Receivers to its premium RZ Series. Both receivers feature exclusive high-performance amplification systems and state-of-the-art multi-room audio capabilities for enthusiasts demanding a visceral entertainment experience.Following a recent firmware update, the TX-RZ840 9.2-channel 215W/ch and TX-RZ740 9.2-channel 185W/Ch AV receivers are the first Onkyo AV receivers to have been designed to conform with IMAX® Enhanced, which features DTS:X immersive audio decoding that is optimised to reproduce the full dynamic range of IMAX theatrical sound mixes available in digitally re-mastered IMAX Enhanced content.
The IMAX Mode reproduces IMAX Enhanced content at the highest levels, just as the filmmakers intended. IMAX Enhanced versions of films, from Hollywood blockbuster movies to documentary films, are scheduled for 4K HDR streaming and Ultra HD Blu-ray™ release.
Both receivers provide a stable, easy-to-use platform for multi-room entertainment and are perfectly optimised to deliver high-end Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X® surround-sound through speaker layouts of up to 7.2.4 channels (with an external power amp) as well as involving musicality with stereo sources. Dolby Surround® and DTS® Neural:X upmixers employ height speakers when playing legacy soundtracks, while Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer enables immersive listening with Dolby® formats by creating a virtual surround and height effect from traditional speaker layouts.
For users with a multi-room network audio ecosystem, both receivers feature Works with Sonos®, which can join an existing Sonos Home Sound System or start a new one by pairing with a Sonos Connect. Users can change input and desired volume via the Sonos app. Other features include Chromecast built-in, AirPlay 2, DTS Play-Fi® and FlareConnect™. When using Chromecast built-in, alongside smart speakers featuring Google Assistant, content can be cued, played and controlled by voice. Integrated Amazon Music, Spotify®, TIDAL, Deezer, and TuneIn streaming services allow users to play favourite tracks through the home cinema and around the home via supported speakers.
Onkyo has received Roon Tested designation for Chromecast connectivity on a selection of 2019 AV receivers1, including the RZ series. A definitive platform and ecosystem for music, audio is automatically configured for best in class performance and delivers seamless integration of local personal content with the millions of tracks from TIDAL.
The Zone B/Zone 2 line-out function supports wireless headphone transmitter connection via analogue RCA terminals, as well as hi-fi systems in another room. Zone B mode is ideal for use with a supported wireless headphone transmitter. Listen to any main-room source through compatible wireless headphones for disruption-free TV entertainment. In Zone 2 mode, the same or different analogue/digital sources (including SPDIF and HDMI) can be played in either or both rooms at the same time.
Whether upgrading an existing home cinema or buying as a first AV receiver to deliver uncompromising reference-grade sound, the Onkyo RZ Series products surpass the very highest expectations.
- Ultra-wide 5 Hz–100 kHz frequency response (TX-RZ840)
- Works with Sonos, Chromecast built-in, AirPlay 2, DTS Play-Fi®, FlareConnect™, Spotify®, Amazon Music, TIDAL, Deezer, TuneIn
- Roon Tested
- Supports 5.2.4-ch Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X® playback
- 11.2-ch pre-outs and processing for 7.2.4 layouts
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer
- IMAX® Enhanced*4 certified for IMAX® digital remasters
- HDMI® Main output with eARC, HDMI Sub/Zone 2 Out (TX-RZ840)
- Refined HDMI® grounds, SoC board, and power amps
- HDMI Sub/Zone 2 output for a sub-display or projector (TX-RZ740)
- Quad-core SoC supports 802.11ac (2x2 MIMO) Wi-Fi®
- Zone 2 and Zone 3 speaker outputs
- Zone 2 and Zone 3 DACs for D/A audio in three rooms
- Zone 2/Zone B and Zone 3 line-outs share D/A audio
- Stereo Assign Mode supports Height-channel playback
- DSP-based Vocal Enhancer improves dialog audibility
- OSD features media input/output data display function
- HDMI supports 4K/60p, 4K HDR, BT.2020, HDCP 2.2
- AccuEQ Advance 9-point calibration with AccuReflex™
- Volume memory-presets for A/V inputs via front panel
- IP control, RS-232C, 12 V trigger output, and IR input