The MINEA module by Neutrik provides a quick and easy path to including MILAN Technology in your product.
The AVNU Alliance has worked together to create MILAN, the Media Integrated Local Area Network.
Audio and systems engineers should be able to realise the functionalities in their system; their network should always work. It should be easy, reliable and future-proof.
Why choose MILAN?
- Seamless interoperability amongst devices
- Future proof
- Easy to use
- Developed for the industry by the industry
Audio channels are bundled in streams on the network. Streams are required to send/receive audio channels. In the MILAN AAF stream audio format, one stream contains a maximum of 8 channels.
AVB/Milan is stream-based, which means:
- A Talker stream can send its stream to multiple listener streams.
- A Listener stream can only receive one talker stream.
Left: An Endpoint Device (Device C) operates with a single listener stream, configured to 8 channel format. The device can receive only one stream, no matter how many channels it contains. If a talker (Device A) only sends audio data to 5 channels of the stream, the other 3 channels are not used, and the listener cannot receive any more streams or channels from other devices (like Device B). These channels remain unused!
Right: An Endpoint Device (Device C) operates with two listener streams and can receive two streams with every 8 channels.
With Neutrik‘s MINEA modules, manufacturers in the Pro Audio market can now quickly build a wide range of
MILAN audio products – from single loudspeakers and microphones to complex multichannel mixing desks and
multi-port conferencing systems. Neutrik is making it easier for professional audio networking manufacturers
to add MILAN to product lines, which will in turn expand the MILAN-certified ecosystem of devices.
Key Benefits of the Neutrik MINEA module:
- Off-the-shelf modules
- MILAN certified
- Support by Neutrik for proper implementation
- Self-testing support by Neutrik for final approval to use the MILAN logo
- New, low-cost entry membership level for manufacturers implementing MILAN modules
- Active speakers
- Audio Embedder & De-Embedder
- Audio recorders
- AV wall plates
- Conference systems
- I/O Interfaces
- Personal monitoring systems
- Speaker management processors
- Sampling depth: 32 bit
- Supported sampling rates: 48 kHz / 96 kHz / 192 kHz
- Audio latency: 0.5 ms
- Audiokchannels: max. 32 channels per Module
- Audio streams: max. 4 streams per Module
Besides the transmission of digital audio signals into MILAN, the module offers further interfaces to implement MINEA perfectly into the device environment.
- With UART it is possible to receive and send information from MILAN and to query current system or audio status.
- With SPI and I2C specific settings can be stored in the module, which will be called as soon as the device is turned on or the sampling rate is changed.
- Via GPIO the audio metering can be received or checked whether a talker or listener stream is currently active.
MINEA Development Set
The MINEA Development Set provides all the tools required to implement MILAN in your product. The set includes:
- 2 x Evaluation boards
- 15 x MINEA modules
- Access to Backstage Area
- 40 hours technical support
- 8 hours test support
Contact us for more information on using MINEA to implement MILAN in your products.